The Agribusiness Initiative Trust (aBi) Trust is an entity set up by the Governments of Uganda and Denmark to promote private sector agribusiness development. The vision of aBi Trust is of a “competitive private sector led agriculture in Uganda.” aBi Trust’s mission is to “promote private sector driven agribusiness development to enhance wealth creation in the country.”
aBi Trust’s vision and mission are achieved through a value chain approach which involves value chain analysis and identification of the various actors, opportunities and constraints with a view to design appropriate and integrated interventions. The interventions could fall under the following sub components;
a) Value chain development leading to improved performance of the value chains and value chain actors
b) Financial services Development leading to expansion of financial services in terms of increased outreach and provision of broader financial products for agribusiness
c) Trade related sanitary Phyto Sanitary (SPS) and Quality management Systems leading to enhanced competitiveness of agribusiness products and increased trade opportunities.
aBi Trust also manages the Gender for Growth Fund which addresses gender inequalities in agribusiness and entrepreneurship together with promoting gender mainstreaming.
FINANCIAL SERVICES OFFICER
aBi Trust is looking for a qualified, experienced, self motivated and hardworking professional for the position of Financial Services Officer. This position will report to the Financial Services Manager of aBi Trust.
The Individual should have skills and competencies in marketing financial services, credit risk analysis, branch banking or rural lending needs, financial product development, lending to agricultural firms, portfolio analysis and building a lending, guarantee or credit portfolio, excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
These will include the following among others;
1. Liaise with financial institutions to expand financial services in all areas of agribusiness lending and other products.
2. Develop and execute specific marketing plans for Trust Financial products.
3. Work with clients and technical assistance consultants to develop, pilot and market new products that contribute to value chain development.
4. Arrange programs of training in value chain development logic and agribusiness lending for credit officers and branch managers in Financial institutions partners.
5. Contract necessary expertise in response to client demands and aBi priorities
6. Contribute to aBi business development plans and targets
7. Monitor outstanding technical assistance activities and provide informative reports in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation system.
8. All other activities as assigned to him / her by the unit head.
Qualifications and experience
In addition to those mentioned above;
Interested candidates should apply to the Managing Director, Agribusiness Initiative (aBi) Trust, 4th Floor Nakasero Towers, Plot 37, Nakasero Road, P. O. Box 29851 Kampala. The closing date for applications is 22nd April 2011.