Section: Programs and Administration
Reports to: Programs Manager(s) and Officer(s)
- Uganda Country Manager
- Finance & Admin Officer
Positions Supervised: None
The program Assistant will offer program support and perform administration duties for the IIRR Uganda office.
She/he will act as the first contact person for IIRR in terms of answering the phone calls and receiving visitors to the office. Therefore, professional public relations and excellent customer service would be a perquisite for this job. The incumbent will ensure an effective ad efficient work environment by acting as the bridge between programs and administration.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a systematic filing and retrieval system for all pertinent program reports, trip reports, minutes of meetings, consultancy contracts, Memorandum of agreements, records and other documents.
- Maintain database of IIRR trainees and their organizations
- Maintain a database of IIRR partners, donors and projects in Uganda.
- Assist in the scheduling of training sessions and bookings/notifications all relevant parties.
- Taking responsibility of ensuring all training rooms/venues, equipment, catering and accommodation arrangements and other requirements are booked or canceled in advance.
- Sending out appropriate pre course information to delegates/managers in advance of training course
- Printing of training support materials/ handouts for training courses, and assisting with the creation of or formatting of these where necessary.
- Maintain up to date training records including list of training associates and training materials.
- Procurement of office equipment in liaison with the Finance & Admin officer
- Ensure that telephone calls are properly recorded and charged to projects or individuals responsible in case of personal calls.
- Coordinate official travel plans for IIRR Uganda staff and guests while ensuring that the travel arrangements happen on time.
- Coordinate weekly travel plans of staff for efficient use of the vehicle(s)
- To support the training team to market and recruit IIRR training courses.
- Effectively represent the principles and work of IIRR to training course clients and participants.
- Sales and promotion of IIRR publications.
- Assist in training material development
- Coordinate training administration and logistics
- Participate in training courses – advertised and customized
- Provide back up support to program functions and management as needed.
- Sending out course evaluation (feedback) questionnaires during training courses and compiling/communicating the same to the Training Manager and /or course facilitator.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration- Marketing option (preferably)
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and interpersonal
- IT skills (including Microsoft outlook, Word & excel)
- Good research and internet skills
- At least 2 years experience in general office responsibilities and procedures
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization
- Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player.
Special working conditions:
Position is based in Kampala with occasional travel to sites and/or partner organizations.
Applications should be sent IIRR Uganda program;
P. O. Box 35536 Kampala,
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission is Friday, July 29th 2011.