1) BREWING TEAM LEADER
2) PRODUCTION MATERIALS BUYER
Nile Breweries Limited, a leading beverage company in Uganda, also recognized as the best employer in Uganda for the years 2004, 2005 & 2009, and a subsidiary of SABMiller – the second largest brewing group in the world seeks to recruit a highly motivated, results oriented and dynamic professional for the post below:
BREWING TEAM LEADER (X1)
Requirements: The ideal candidate should be able to
• Ensure that weekly, daily and shift production plans are adhered to as to meet sales targets
• Support the department’s remedial plans to meet shortfalls in output.
• Ensure that waste targets are met and bettered.
• Ensure that quality of beer brewed and product mix meets the planned production requirements.
• Make sure that the quality of products produced meets the laid down standards and taste profile.
• Identify training needs assessments of his or her sub ordinates.
• Lead the shift team to ensure optimize team performance.
• Perform all shift administrative work
• Facilitate and contribute to team problem solving and decision making
• Manage human resources and industrial relations on the line and ensure that such issues are dealt with.
• Lead execution of team work practices.
• Look after development of shift resources.
• Maintain a safe and healthy working environment
• Accord customer care and service in line with company values
• High integrity and attention to detail
• High energy, balanced personality self discipline and drive, conceptualizing and innovative thinking, goal orientation and strong output bias.
• Proactive mindset, self driven, self starter and with initiative, ability to communicate (verbal and written)
• Go getter attitude.
• IOB or Bachelors of Science in Chemistry or Bio chemistry, Food Science and technology.
• A Diploma in Brewing is an added advantage.
• 2 – 5 years working experience preferably in Foods and Beverages Industry or any leading operations team in a manufacturing industry
• Must be computer literate
• Honest and self motivated
• Be disciplined and dynamic Team Player
• Self motivated, decisive and should be able to work in shifts
• Be able to communicate effectively.
The company will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should please send their CVs, which include details of email addresses(if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) referees plus telephone contacts to the undersigned not later than 8th April 2011.
PRODUCTION MATERIALS BUYER (1)
• Obtaining Production and Quality assurance materials requirements from QAM and production materials manager.
• Sourcing for these materials from the suppliers on the approved supplier list or where the material is not from a regular supplier, then a minimum of three quotes are obtained for comparison.
• On approval purchase order is placed and sent to the supplier.
• Management of inward logistics for both local and imported materials i. e. following up of the delivery as per terms agreed.
• Arranging for insurance cover for all imports and lodging insurance claims from whenever necessary.
• Ensure all requisite documentation (copy purchase order, invoices, ddelivery notes, MSDS, packing list, clearing invoice, etc) are available on delivery to allow for QA inspection, landed costing and GRN making.
• Working out the lead time and advising the Materials Manager on delivery times.
• Arranging in consultation with QA manager for supplier audits.
• In liaison with the manufacturing planning and logistics manager supporting all business SD initiatives among the suppliers.
• Distribution of the ethical code of conduct to all production materials suppliers.
• Pro form costing of all production materials imports, comparison to budget before order placement.
• Supplier accounts reconciliations and communication with finance and suppliers.
• Prompt and cost effective delivery of materials as requested by the Materials Manager and /or users.
• Ensuring expeditious customs clearance for all imported materials.
• Preparations of the periodic purchase plan and agree with the Materials manager on the lead times and delivery plans.
• Preparation of periodic price variance reports and justifications.
• An Honors Bachelors Degree in either procurement or logistics Management/ Business Administration/ Bachelors Degree in Commerce (with a bias in Procurement) from a recognized university/ institute.
• Membership to Chartered institutive of purchasing and supplies (CIPS) will be an added advantage.
• Experience of two years of purchasing in a busy organization
• High integrity and attention to detail
• High energy, balanced personality self discipline and drive, conceptualizing and innovative thinking, goal orientation and a strong output bias.
• Proactive mindset, self driven, self starter and with initiative.
• Excellent communicator (Verbal and written), with great negotiation skills.
• Go getter attitude
• Computer literacy – Word, PowerPoint and Excel is an added advantage.
• High numerate
• A good team player
The company will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. Candidates that have relevant experience, know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should please send their CV, which should include details of email address if any, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/ testimonial and address of three (3) referees plus telephone contact to the undersigned not later than 13th April 2011.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Human Resources Specialist – technical,
Nile Breweries Ltd,
P. O. Box 762, Jinja/Uganda.