- Specialist / Technical Monitoring
- Field Monitoring Officer
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) is the regulator of the communications sector in Uganda. It was established by the Uganda Communications Act (Cap 106 Laws of Uganda). The Commission is inviting applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant positions in its Department of Rural Communications Development Fund (RCDF).
- SPECIALIST / TECHNICAL MONITORING (1)
Reports to: Manager, technical Management
Role: To manage the process of technical Monitoring and evaluation of RCDF projects.
Key Result Areas:
- Implement the technical Audit of the projects’ technical parameters to ascertain their compliance with the defined technical specifications.
- Carry out technical monitoring of projects to assess their quality of service in accordance with defined standards;
- Research on and propose content to be used with the ICT projects in order to add value and provide opportunities for usage of the projects.
- Develop technical specifications for ICT related projects
- Report on the status of procurements for ICT equipment and services
- Monitor the recording of activities carried out by the technical compliance section
- Prepare technical reports in line with the section’s reporting structure, and
- Troubleshoot problems experienced by RCDF supported projects and fix basic ones.
- A bachelors Degree in telecommunications / electrical Engineering, Computer Science or in a field related to communications technologies or computer science.
- Strong knowledge in project management
- Proven knowledge of alternative energy sources is essential and
- A Masters Degree in one of the above fields will be an added advantage.
Experience and Knowledge:
At least three (3) years of relevant working experience in rural based ICT projects
- FIELD MONITORING OFFICER (2)
Reports to: Specialist / Technical Monitoring
Role: To monitor the performance of RCDF supported projects and their operational environment.
Key result Areas:
- Carryout inspections of project sites to ascertain the projects’ technical parameters
- Carry out periodic monitoring of ongoing projects for quality of service specifications;
- Carry out initial observations to ascertain the initial status of areas for subsequent input into impact assessment activities and for baseline surveys.
- Carry out data collection on all technical parameters of RCDF projects.
- Collect specific data for definition of terms of reference.
- Maintain the technical sections’ data bases for input into the departmental databases.
- Prepare reports in line with the department’s reporting structure and
- Trouble shoot technical problems experienced by RCDF supported projects and to fix basic ones.
- A Bachelors Degree in telecommunications / Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or a field related to information and communications technologies with proven knowledge of alternative power sources and communications systems.
Experience and Knowledge:
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team player and ability to work independently and in rural settings.
Successful candidates for the advertised positions will sign a 3 – year renewable employment contract with the commission.
Very attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates commensurate with qualifications and previous work experience.
Interested candidates should deliver applications indicating their telephone and email addresses accompanied with the following documents:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating two professional and one character referees. Members of Uganda Communication Commission shall not be accepted as referees.
- Copies of certificates, testimonials, cited in the CV
Applications should be submitted to the following address Not Later than 5:00pm on Friday, February 25, 2011 to:
The Director, Human Resources and Administration,
Uganda Communications Commission
2nd Floor UCC House
Plot 42 – 44 Spring Road, Bugolobi
P. O. Box 7376, Kampala
Only short listed applicants will be notified. Any form of canvassing will automatically lead to dis qualification of a candidate. You can also visit our website on: www.ucc.co.ug
UCC is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.