1) SUPPORT SERVICES DIRECTOR
2) GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, development and advocacy Non Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 27 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. Our vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so. World Vision Uganda is seeking to hire qualified persons to fill the following positions.
SUPPORT SERVICES DIRECTOR (Re-advertised)
Reports to: National Director
Duty station: National Office
Purpose of the position:
To support the delivery of World Vision Uganda ministry through providing strategic leadership to the Administration, Procurement fleet management, Health safety and security functions and to ensure that these functions have strategies, systems, skills to support the operations of the national office, programs and all projects in Uganda.
Key Result Areas:
Leadership of the support Services Division:
- Set divisional plans and strategies
- Develop policies and guidelines for the divisional units
- Manage accountability and budgetary control roles of the division
- Develop and maintain networks with government offices and ministries, suppliers and service providers
- Manage and support the division team.
- Oversee the administration, procurement and logistics, Fleet, security and IT functions.
- Manage the review and maintenance of the respective guidelines, systems, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the annual budgets for the respective departments.
- Manage the smooth transition of the supply chain management programme to Uganda
- Review and manage the implementation of the strategic mandates of the above functions
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Must have a University Degree in Business Administration, supply Chain management or Finance, and any post graduate qualification in Logistics and or in Project Management
- Must have a minimum of four years experience in middle or senior management in a large organization
- Must be a skillful people manager, with ability to lead, inspire and mentor subordinates, and to achieve the heist results through staff.
- Must have clear vision of key accountabilities, and be determined to achieve all set targets in line with short, medium and long term targets and objectives as specified in budgets, plan and strategic documents.
GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST (Re-advertised)
Duty Station: National Office, Kampala
Reports to: Associate Director, Advocacy
Role of the position:
To ensure gender mainstreaming in all world Vision Uganda programmes/projects and provide leadership and guidance in the implementation of gender advocacy in the sub counties, at district and national level.
Key Results Areas:
- Conduct Gender and Development (GAD) research and produce reports
- Implementation of the GAD strategy in the ADPs and clusters supported
- Build staff and community capacity for gender mainstreaming and gender advocacy.
- Develop and disseminate guidelines and tools for gender integration / mainstreaming.
- Undertake national level gender advocacy
- Develop and disseminate position papers, articles and materials to support gender advocacy
- Mobilize resources and funding to enforce gender advocacy in communities and at national level
- Provide support for gender mainstreaming in all divisions and to sector specialists.
- Must have a University degree in social sciences, Women, Gender and development, Law and/or related field of study. Post graduate qualification is preferred.
- Must have excellent understanding of gender and a strong awareness of current gender issues, Human rights and advocacy training
- Must have excellent interpersonal and excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Must have a minimum of five years experience in gender policy influencing work and lobbying
- Must have proven/demonstrated interest in understanding of, and commitment to gender equity and equality, social justice and development
- Must have at least five years experience and skills in networking with local and international NGOs and agencies, ministry level partners, faith based organizations and local community based organizations.
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout Uganda
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contact to: firstname.lastname@example.org strictly. (Please indicate on subject the position you are applying for)
Human Resource Manager,
World Vision Uganda, Plot 15B Nakasero Road,
P. O. Box 5319, Kampala
Deadline for receiving the applications: 29th July, 2011.