The Government of the republic of Uganda has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards financing the cost of the following projects:
I. The East African Trade and Transport Facilitation Project (ETTFP) –IDA Credit No. 4147-UG
II. The Transport Sector Development Project (TSDP) – IDA Credit No. 46790 – UG
The Government of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Works and Transport (MoWT) intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payments under the contract for recruitment of a Projects Accountant to manage the two projects accounts and finances.
The government of Uganda represented by the Ministry of Works and Transports now invites qualified candidates to apply for the post of Projects Accountant.
Applications should be submitted to the following address not later than 30th June 2011.
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Works and Transport,
P. O. box 10, Kampala.
Salary Scale: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience
Terms of service: Renewable contract of 24 months
Age: 25 years and above
Main purpose: To manage the two projects Accounts and Finances.
The incumbent will report to the assistant Commissioner/ Accounts, Ministry of Works and Transport and will perform the following duties:
1. Prepare project Budgets and Financial reports
2. Liaise with Project coordinators in regard to disbursements of project funds
3. Prepare quarterly financial monitoring reports in form and substance satisfactory to the IDA
4. Maintain a project Financial Management System (FMS) and prepare financial statements in accordance with consistently applied accounting standards acceptable to the IDA and
5. Any other project duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must be Ugandans by nationality and must possess:
1. Honors Bachelors Degree in either Business Administration, Commerce, Finance Management, business studies with Accounting option
2. Association of Chartered Certified Accountancy (ACCA) certificate
3. Membership of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountancy (ACCA) will be an added advantage
4. A certificate in World Bank disbursement and financial management and
5. Experience in financial management of World Bank funded projects.