Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is looking for a pro active, deadline oriented, Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (SRM&E Manager), to join its senior management team. The SRM & E manager is responsible for ensuring that R, M&E efforts including the optimization of management information systems and innovation are aligned, of high quality and strengthen operational performance and donor accountability. This role manages the R, M&E team at MSU, providing direct line management to three permanent staff. This role has a particular focus on ensuring that R,M&E activities are well coordinated, the team outputs are of high standard and meet the demands of the internal and external stake holders and are used to improve programming. It is hoped that the post holder will have a particular expertise in Project M & E in USAID funded programmes. We are looking for a senior, highly competent person with excellent management and communication skills and a strategic perspective on their work. The post involves a national travel.
MSU is a marketing focused, results oriented social enterprise. We develop efficient, effective and sustainable family planning and reproductive health programmes in Uganda. MSU provides services to men and women over 230,000 times a year.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSU’s mission of ensuring the individuals’ right to : Children by Choice Not Chance.
Qualifications and skill:
• Advanced Degree in public health or related discipline
• Significant experience managing a small team and resources
• Experience of monitoring & Evaluation of large and complex donor projects, preferably with sizeable USAID funded projects.
• Proven excellent technical oral, written and editing abilities; ability to present and write for multiple audiences.
• Quantitative and qualitative research skills ( preferably including SPSS and STATA knowledge)
• Ability to work well with others in team environments, must be able to satisfy stake holders, should be able to work in deadline driven / results oriented atmospheres
• Strong people management skills
• Strategic guidance and planning
• Motivated personally and professionally to develop willingness to travel as requested.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to the attention of: Human Resources and Administration Manager, Marie Stopes Uganda Plot 1020 Kisugu Muyenga P. o. Box 3557 Kampala, Uganda
Subject: MSU Senior Analyst Position
Applications must be received not later than 18th March 2011. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Marie Stopes Uganda is an equal opportunity employer.